My Family

My Family
3 kids with CF

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Salute

Everyone has been talking about love deeds lately and it has gotten me to thinking. I have been trying to do my part to be kind and helpful to strangers but sometimes it is easy to forget to be that way to the ones you love. It is easy to take them for granted and stay angry at them for some hurt in the past. When I thought about that, I thought of my husband. I don't know how I would do all that I do without his support. So I want to salute my husband. To the man that goes to work every day to provide for us so I can stay home and take care of the children's medical needs, to the man that listens to me gripe and moan on a daily basis about how much I hate cf, how bad the kids were that day, and how much cleaning I had to do and still wants to come home every evening. To the man that takes over after a hard days work so I can get a break. To the man that has gone through 3 diagnoses with me, numerous hospitalizations, clinic visits, night time feedings and hook ups, home iv courses, countless breathing treatments, ER visits, surgeries, and many many late nights. To the man that has been there through it all and has never left our side, I salute you. Thank you for being on my team in this daily battle against cf. I couldn't have picked a better team mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment