My Family

My Family
3 kids with CF

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I wish...

Michael's birthday is coming up.  The birthday that by all accounts, could be his last.  I wish I could say I'm not angry and scared. I wish I could say that I am handling it well but I'm just not.  I wish I could say that I'm not taking out my anger, fear and frustration on the people that love me the most and just want to support me through this. I wish he didn't blow a 27% on his pfts yesterday and he wasn't laying in a hospital bed away from home tonight.  I wish he wasn't dropping his sats and needing oxygen support.  I wish none of this was happening and I could just wake up and have it all be a horrible nightmare.  I wish it didn't hit me so hard when he makes an innocent statement of what he wants to be when he grows up.  I wish I could take him in my arms, protect him and keep him safe.  I wish it was as simple as when he was little and a kiss could take away the boo boo and make things all better. I wish I didn't have to worry about what our life will be like once he gets a transplant.  I wish I didn't have to worry if I'm making the right decisions for him.  I wish I could stop time and his disease from advancing.  I wish I could trust God with all of this.  I'm trying.  I really, really am.  I wish no parent had to go through this, EVER.  I wish I could trade places and take it all away from him.  I wish there was a cure.  Most of all, I wish I didn't have to imagine what my world would be like without my little boy in it. SO many things, I wish...     

1 comment:

  1. Your Family is always in my thoughts and prayers. I can not say I know what you are going through because I don't. I do wish that No child had to suffer from this horrible Disease. All I can do is pray for you and the rest of your family. Don't give up on God because believe it or not God had a plan for his life before he was even born. He is such a sweet little boy and I am sure that he has touched many lives with how brave that he is and how his smile warms any one heart. Continued Prayers and Comfort for You and Your Family.

    ReplyDelete